bg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What's in my make up bag? Top 5 items

Even though I am a girly girl and I love make up, I never really learned how to put it on. I was blessed with  good skin and have never had to wear a lot of make up thankfully! That is why with my wedding make up I would like to wear a more dramatic look rather then a subtle look which is what I'm used to. I showed pictures in an earlier post of the wedding make up looks I'm going for if you would like to refer back to that here

In the last few years I have stumbled across some beauty products I can't live without. I have tried MAC, NARS, Benefit, and Chanel make up products. As well as drug store brands Maybelline, Cover Girl, Revlon, L'Oreal. I have tried A LOT of different cosmetics and there are still a ton more I would love to try out... Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Dior Cosmetics, just to name a few.

Today I am featuring 5 items I have been using daily and really love. They are all drug store brands and very affordable!

My first product I am featuring is Revlon Colorstay Foundation. It retails for $10 and it does exactly what it says. It stays on your face all day long, I never have to worry about reapplying my foundation. It gives medium to full coverage based on how much you use, and does not leave your face feeling oily or shiny. As I said before I don't use a ton of make up so one bottle lasts me about 4-5 months.


Product number 2 has been a long time favorite, I have tried other bronzer's but always come back to this one. I even got my mom hooked on it! It is Cover Girls Trublend Minerals Bronzer and it retails for $7. There only 2 shades to this bronzer 435 Golden Sunshine and 440 Natural Bronze. I use the 440 Natural Bronze it gives me the perfect bronze glow. Isn't that what bronzers are supposed to do? (: It is a shimmer bronzer but I like how you can use it on other parts of your body and not just your face. This is another product that lasts a while since a little goes a long ways. I do not recommend this product for light complexions as it could look un-natural due to the darkness of the colors.






My third product I use daily is Victoria Secrets Wet/Dry Beauty Rush Eye Shadow in Smokin, it retails for $7. These shadows have some shimmer to them also but you can't notice it once it's on. I mainly use this shadow on my lash line, it gives me a little color without having to use eye liner on the days I keep my make up more simple. It is also great for a smokey eye. The shadows from Victoria's secret Beauty Rush line are not really pigmented, which means that even though it is black it doesn't really show up super dark. I really enjoy this shadow and plan to buy more colors.




Product number 4 should be in every girls make up bag, it will make a world of difference to any ones eyes! It is what I like to call an Eyelash Curler. You can get a eyelash curler anywhere and they retail from $5-$20. I have about 3 different ones and I use it everyday even if I don't put mascara on that day. I know they can look rather scary but they will make your eyelashes look beautiful and curled. You may even notice your eye lashes look longer and your mascara go on smoother and look better.






My fifth and final product is the last thing I always put on, mascara. I have tried so many different mascaras and this one has been my favorite so far. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara retails for $8. I use blackest black and it is not waterproof. I have never really liked waterproof mascaras I can't ever get them to come off and they go on clumpy. L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara goes on clump free and it will not flake or smudge, it also stays on all day! The packaging is pretty as well so that's a plus. :)



I hope some of you ladies enjoyed this post and learned a little more about me just by seeing what is in my make up bag. I also hope I inspired some of you to try out these drug store products or if your currently using them I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do. I enjoy doing posts like this and will be doing more in the future. I also plan to watch more beauty gurus on YouTube to learn more about applying make up and so I can do some funner things with my make up and show you guys. :) Thanks for reading!

XOXO,
Merinda


2 comments:

  1. My number one item would have to be eyeliner. Mainly because that's the ONLY thing I wear. If I'm going out in public (like where I *might* know someone or with friends) I may put on some blush. Eye shadow if you're lucky.

    I would love love love to buy all sorts of stuff at Sephora. I've never actually shopped there but it looks amazing! I would love to actually have a makeup routine and look decent even though I stay home with Charlie.

    Most days I don't change out of my sweats and I wear a ponytail so who am I kidding.

    Maybe you'll inspire me! I'm looking forward to reading more!

    Shanna Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna I actually wrote this post on a day I put on no make up and went out in public, and I stayed in sweats all day to. That is one plus to living in a town where we know hardly anyone! I am very excited for you starting your business!!! I can't wait to see more and purchase some stuff from you, I have already been hinting to my mom and nathan about it.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...