- We wanted Nathan to already be graduated. Nathan graduates summer 2011.
- We wanted it to be on a odd number day. I am not a fan of even numbers. Weird I know. :)
- We wanted it to be on a Saturday. That is pretty much a given.
- We wanted it to be in the fall. The weather is the BEST in the fall and it's both of ours favorite season.
- We didn't want it be in a busy month, or close to any holidays. We didn't want it to be in the same month as any of our birthdays, or big holidays like 4th of July weekend or anything. It's important to us to have our families there and friends.
We have just under 7 months till the big day and I though it would be good to update on how well the planning is going and what I have accomplished and what still needs to be done.
Wedding Planning Checklist:
- Chosen a date.
- Purchased wedding gown.
- Chosen Caterer and working on menu.
- Selected and spoken to officiant who will be marrying us.
- Selected bridal party.
- Booked the Ceremony site.
- Chosen wedding colors.
- Hired our florist.
- Selected my hair and make up stylist.
- Have and designed Save the Dates.
- Booked photographer.
- Selected bridesmaids dresses.
- Engagement photo selected and ready for the newspaper.
- Purchased wedding bands.
- Purchased wedding veil and shoes.
- Purchased guest book.
- Finding reception venue.
- Guest list.
- Mailing out Save-the-dates.
- Finalizing menu.
- Finalizing DJ.
- Getting my accessories. Hair piece, bracelet, earrings.
- Finishing up getting bridesmaid gifts.
- Selecting honeymoon location.
- Finalizing cake baker.
Nathan and I are so blessed to have each other, to have Harlow, to have our families, and to be able to have the wedding of our dreams. We are working really hard to pay for most of the wedding ourselves, with the exception of some help. My goal is to have most of the wedding planned by July and to have it fully paid off by September, so we can fully focus on Harlow and her birthday.
The closer it gets the more excited I become, we already feel practically married by it will be nice to finally be a Mrs. :)
I have to put some pictures otherwise it will get boring. :)
|This is a hair piece I tried on. HAHA. I will not be wearing this one. It took up that whole side of my head. My journey to find the perfect feather hair piece is still on!|
|Instead of lighting a unity candle we plan to use sand. We will be able to keep it forever. |
|I bought a plain black guest book. I plan to add feathers and some bling to it. |