bg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Loves, Wants, Lusts... Oh My!

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this blog post. I have been MIA lately due to some mini vacations we had planned and I still haven't been doing to much wedding planning so I haven't really been inspired. I mean I don't want to just come on here and ramble because we all know my life is not that exciting.
My days consist of: laundry, scrubbing the apartment to get the disgusting smell of curry out of here (thank you neighbors! NOT!!!!), cleaning bottles, making bottles, and keeping Harlow and I clean, dry and happy! Who could ask for a better life? :)

Oh and exciting news we have less then 91 days till the end of June! Which we all know that means less then 91 days till moving day!! AHHH...EEEEKKK!! I am so excited, I want to start packing now! I have definitely been inspired lately in the home decorating area and can't wait to get into a house and make it feel like a home.

Without further a due lets get to the topic at hand. With mothers day, my birthday, and moving day all coming up there has been a few items I have been hinting around about that I would like to have, eventually. These things are not necessities just "wants", "likes", and "lusts".

Okay, the first thing I want to lust over is a thing called Mashed Potato Martini Bar. A couple of summers ago I went with my cousin Kristi to Las Vegas. She went for a business trip and I went to keep her company. It wasn't just a business trip though we got to go out on the town, enjoy some good food, watch a cirque de so lei show, and on the last night enjoyed a little cocktail party thrown by the company. At the cocktail party they had a Mashed Potato Martini Bar, one of the most unique and creative ideas I have ever seen. Who doesn't love potatoes with a ton of different options for toppings, all served in a martini glass? It was such a neat idea I decided right then and there we would use that at our wedding. It is one of the things that I am most excited about! :)



The 2nd thing I am lusting over is scentsy. I need more!! They smell so good and are so decorative and pretty. I can't wait to get into our house so I can see how many I need and which ones will look best with our decor. I even plan to get Nathan one for his office. Good thing I have a family member that sells it. :)

note: pictures are clicky.



 ^^The one I'm getting for Nathan^^




The third thing I can't wait to get or maybe I will attempt to make some is Fabric Cord Covers. I saw these for the first time this weekend and I am in love with this idea. They help disguise cords and make your house a little more decorative. I think it would also be a great way to distract Harlow from going after cords.




The fourth thing I am lusting over is throw blankets for the couch's in the living room. I love blankets that are so pretty they become part of your decor. I love big, cozy blankets to snuggle up with and this one is definitely one I have my eye on. It's from pottery barn and retails for $79.




What would that beautiful blanket look gorgeous on you ask? How about his couch? I saw it in Macy's and it is one of the first things I would love to get when we move. I am obsessed with these couches.


This next thing I have been lusting over for a while now. It is Bobbi Brown Blush in Peony. It has rave reviews and is beautiful on, not as bright pink as you think. I think it would be perfect for this summer.


What better way to display this lovely blush then with the perfect summer dress. I saw this dress in PacSun over the weekend. I am in love with it.


To top off the look I have been dieing to get this lovely ring from Yellow Pocket Boutique in Jet. I have the white and adore it. I have been wearing it everyday since I received it in the mail. I also have gotten tons of compliments on it, it is a keeper!

note: picture is clicky.




The last thing is Jessica Simpson leopard print luggage. I have been wanting this for over a year and I think it is the perfect set to take on our honeymoon.

Hopefully, I will continue to keep up with my blog and not abandon it like I have recently. Do you guys have any things that you have been "lusting" over lately? If so leave me a comment I love to hear from you guys. :)

xoxo,
Merinda

3 comments:

  1. Well...now I am lusting over that martini potato bar! I'm very excited for your wedding :) Love you!!

    And thanks for the link to me! <3 You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Maybe I should have one for Harlows birthday too. haha.

    And your welcome, can't wait to have some extra cash so I can make lots of purchases from you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have that couch and I'm lovin' that luggage!! By the way that dress is super cute and would my ring would look perfect with it. :)

    Thanks for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...